Affiliated to : Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore
Approved By Higher Education Dept. MP Govt.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. It is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’.
A BCA degree can open up several job opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professional is increasing not only in India but also in abroad. After the completion of the course, the student can find a job in reputed IT companies like IBM, Oracle, Infosys, and Google. The student can work as a system engineer, junior programmer, web developer or as a system administrator. This field provides you ample opportunities to make your career not only in private sector but also in the public sector. The government organization like NIC, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and India Navy also recruit large number of computer professionals for their IT department.
Self employment option is also available like :-
• A plethora of opportunities in applications development, software testing and maintenance.
• Options to pursue MCA, M.Sc.-CS/IT, MBA, MS(IT).
• As system analysts and database administrators in IT-enabled service sectors.
• You can do freelancing or develop your own software if you have that much skills.
There are many software MNCs (Multi National Companies) which provide job to the BCA graduates. If candidate has a work experience and all the necessary required skills then he/she can hold good positions in MNCs. MCA can be specialized in systems management, systems development, management information system, etc.
After completing BCA, a student can go for MCA, M.Sc.-CS/IT, MS(IT) and as per new rule from AICTE, BCA/B.Sc.(Comp.Sc./IT) student can directly take admission in MCA 2nd year(i.e. in 3rd Semester) and completed his/her MCA degree in 2 years.
• Candidate seeking admission in BCA program must have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 level or equivalent examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognized Education Board. (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC students with at least 45%marks )